1 Site disconnects always - [error] 6463#0: *886022 upstream sent too big header while reading response header from upstream

I use the free Version of MainWP with 20 Child Sites. 1 Child Site disconnects always. It’s hosted on Plesk Platform (Apache with Nginx Proxy). Standard Configuration. But this Site always disconnects. In their proxy_error.log stood:

[error] 6463#0: *886022 upstream sent too big header while reading response header from upstream

How can i smaller the response header sent?

Thanks for reaching out.
Can you please contact your host support and see if they can increase the limit for this rule or if that is not possible, disable the rule?

The Child Site is a site of one of my customers. I won’t ask their hosting company. The rule is inside Nginx Core. I think, the only way is to decrease the response size.

Hi Ben, unfortunately, there is no way for the MainWP plugin to decrease the size of the post request that sends to MainWP Child. It contains encrypted data and it needs to be as it is now. Here you can find more about it.

Since this happens only on one of your sites, I would say that this is a server-side problem.

If you are sure that this is what causes the problem, the only thing you can do to solve it is to increase the limit or find another way to whitelist requests from your MainWP Dashboard.

Please let me know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.