Can I add MainWP Dashboard site as a Child Site?
This is a question that we see in MainWP Support almost every day and the answer is Yes!
There are multiple reasons why you should do this, however, I will focus on one in this article.
First, let me guide you through the process of connecting a dashboard to itself.
- Go to your Dashboard site
- Go to the WP > Plugins > Add New page
- Search for MainWP Child Plugin
- Install it and Activate it just as any other WordPress plugin
- Next, go to the MainWP > Sites > Add New site page
- Fill in the form with the Dashboard Name, URL and Administrator Username (in some cases, other fields will be needed too).
- Click the Add Site button to complete the process.
From this point, your Dashboard site will be listed as any other Child site in the MainWP > Sites > Manage list.
Let’s get back to the reason we are doing this. As a support agent at MainWP, I often see that users are not keeping the MainWP Dashboard plugin and MainWP Extensions up to date. This can cause a variety of issues the two biggest ones being Security and Compatibility.
So, with this tutorial, I want to show you how to enable Auto Update so you don’t have to worry about updating your MainWP Dashboard and MainWP Extension.
- Go to the MainWP > Settings page
- Locate the Update Settings section and in it, set the Plugin automatic updates option to Install Trusted Updates.
- Save Settings
- Go to the MainWP > Plugins > Auto Updates page
- In the Search Plugins options set filters to All Plugins and add “mainwp” in the keyword field
- Click the Show Plugins button
- Once the search results are displayed, select all MainWP Plugins (Extensions)
- Use the bulk actions menu to mark all of the as Trusted
That is it, MainWP will update itself and you don’t have to worry about it anymore.