"Adding the site to your MainWP Dashboard. Please wait..." never ends loading

First of all, I warn that I am French and I do my best for my English :wink:

I use the MainWP plugin to manage the updates of my websites and for some time now when I try to add a new website, it remains frozen on “Adding the site to your MainWP Dashboard. Please wait…” and the website in question is not added.

The connection test of the child site to be added is working well but once the “Add” button is clicked, it runs without error message.

Everything is OK on the MainWP Dashboard configuration except “WordPress Memory Limit” at 40M and “cURL Timeout” at 60. Same configuration on the Child sites that are not added. The configuration is also the same on sites that are already added.

I am not very strong in development but I try to do my best so if you have already encountered this kind of problem I would appreciate your advice and help. Thanks in advance for your help !

Config MainWP Dashboard 4.1.7 :
WordPress Version 5.7.2
PHP Version 7.0.33-0ubuntu0.16.04.16
MySQL Version 5.7.33-0ubuntu0.16.04.1

Config MainWP Child Version 4.1.7 :
WordPress Version 5.7.2
PHP Version 7.4.16
MySQL Version 5.7.33-0ubuntu0.16.04.1

WordPress extensions disabled for testing without success :
Disable XML-RPC
HTTP Headers
Limit Login Attempts Reloaded
Wordfence Security
Quttera Web Malware Scanner

Hello @UniversalDesignz and thank you for your help, I just add these instruction on the wp-config.php file of my MainWP website. I have WordPress Memory Limit to 256M on the Server Information but the problem is still there :frowning: Same when I modify the memory in /wp-includes/default-constants.php

The problem is still there when I modify the memory in /wp-includes/default-constants.php

Then you will have to add a code to your .htaccess but if you are nor confirmable with coding I wouldn’t recommend you editing it by yourself as it can break your site. I would recommend speaking to your hosting company. They should be able to help you out.

@UniversalDesignz NEVER edit WP Core files because they will be overwritten with every update.

This line should be put in wp-config.php, but with the correct (non-curly) quotes:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

And PHP should be upgraded from 7.0 to 7.4

1 Like

@josklever depending on your hosting company adding this to your wp-config.php may not take effect I have seen this quite few occasions.

I haven’t seen that even on many hosts , but that’s no excuse to edit core files. If you do it and it works for you… fine, but never give that advice to anyone else.

1 Like

The WordPress Memory Limit goes up to 256M on the MainWP Server Informations whether I add it via wp-config.php or default-constances.php (I prefer modify wp-config.php too)

To be sure, I check by using phpinfo(); on a PHP file but my Core memory_limit is now 128M !

hi @BajoNanoCorp , also upgrade your PHP version on your dashboard to avoid any issues… You are at 7.0 and you better move it to 7.4. PHP 8 is around the corner…

1 Like

Hi @BajoNanoCorp,

Can you tell us what response do you get if you run the Test Connection feature to test this child site?

1 Like

Connection Test

Connection successful!

URL: www.xxxxxxx.com (IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) - HTTP-code reçu : 200 (OK)

Hi @BajoNanoCorp,

Ok, that is good, however, can you please verify that the IP from the Test Connection response matches the IP address of the child site?

1 Like

It’s the good IP (for this child site I use a IP failover from OVH, for the other sites for which I have also done this, everything works well).

Hi @BajoNanoCorp,

Thanks for verifying that.

Would you mind opening a private Help Desk ticket so we can collect some additional information & investigate further?

1 Like

Support ticket send :wink: Thank you in advance for your help.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.