BackWPUp extension - global backup job to S3 not getting all sites

Hi support,
I’ve recently installed the BackWPUp extension and created a backup schedule for BackWPUp to run a backup of all my child sites. It ran yesterday and it backed up 12 of 17 sites. It shows in the MainWP dashboard that 16 of 17 sites were backed up, but you can see in the AWS S3 bucket that only 12 files are there.

There’s also a related additional issue that when I go to the Existing Backups screen in the MainWP dashboard, it shows the 12 sites that were backed up to AWS S3 multiple times (for a total of 78 entries, but it’s the same 12 site files showing up multiple times). This may be a completely separate issue and I’m happy to break it out into a separate topic if you’d like, but I thought it may be related to the other issue, so I wanted it mention it here also. Just let me know if you’d like me to break it out into a separate topic.

I’ve blurred the site and file names as they are my client’s sites, but you should be able to see from the number and file sizes the issue that I’m seeing.

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance with this issue.

Hey @renewadmin

Can you go to one of the child sites that apparently didn’t get backed up and see if everything looks good?
Check if the backup job is created and configured properly, and if it is, check the log to see if the backup job was executed and if it had any errors.
You can also check if the backup file is visible in existing backups.

1 Like

Thanks for your response! So I checked the child sites and no issues that I can see. Backup job also looks fine. I checked the logs and no errors. There are 12 files showing up in existing backups, but they are showing up over and over, so there are 78 entries, but they are duplicates of the same 12 files multiple times over.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Thanks for the update Todd.

Would you mind opening a private Help Desk ticket so we can collect some additional information & investigate further?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.