Can't add child site on localhost into MainWP (hosted on VPS)

Hi,

I can’t add child site hosted on localhost into MainWP dashboard.
The MainWP dashboard is hosted on VPS. So, the issue is not my MainWP Dashboard as it manages couple sites.

On Child Server Info:
Warning: openssl_pkey_export(): cannot get key from parameter 1 in C:\Users\rajin\Local Sites\tutorlms\app\public\wp-content\plugins\mainwp-child\class\class-mainwp-child-server-information-base.php on line 389

This refer to openssl_pkey_export ( )

Error message on MainWP Dashboard:
Test connection:
Connection test failed.
Error message: Invalid host.

I did try to disable Verify SSL certificate but still error.

I can’t find any case like this on the Forum.

TIA

If by localhost you mean on your local computer (C://…) then that’s because the VPS you have MainWP on doesn’t have a way to connect to it. Unless you have some sort of port forwarding on your network that deals with it.

Thanks. I guess it’s a good thing it can’t be reached due to security reason.

Hi @Irfantony, @fotan is right.
Due to the nature of localhost setups, your Web-hosted dashboard can’t connect to the locally hosted child site because your localhost setup is closed for external traffic.
You can always create a new MainWP Dashboard on your localhost setup that will be able to connect to locally hosted child sites so if you have more than one, you can also manage them from a central location.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.