Client Fields - New Field for ALL clients

How is the Client Fields → New Field designed to work? So far, my testing has indicated that you can’t add new data fields to existing clients.

Recently created data fields DO appear as I create new clients. However, these fields do NOT appear on all of my previously existing clients. Strangely, they do each appear singularly in one client, looks like they got attached to the client that I was viewing prior to creating the field and to any new clients.

How can I add new fields, such that they show up in ALL clients, existing and new?

Hey @4smartbiz

Can you please post the community system report from your MainWP Dashboard for review? The report is located in your Dashboard under Info → Server, on the top right of the page.

Be sure to use the button like the one below; this button hides all your private information:

Pressing the button auto-copies the report to your clipboard then just paste it in a reply here.

Sure, I can do that, but, can you first tell me if the New Field option is actually supposed to add the field to already existing clients in the CRM?

I’d rather not waste your time or mine if it simply isn’t designed to do this.

Correct, fields created in the Client Fields tab are designed to be global, meaning that once created they should be visible to all Clients - all existing and all new ones.

I’m having the same issue. However, The new field does show in every client when it is created. However, once I use it for one client the field disappears for all my other clients. Here is a screen capture of this issue.

http://u.pc.cd/xh3rtalK

Thanks for the additional details and for making a recording for us, @kwsim .

We’ve reproduced the issue, which will be fixed in the next release of the MainWP Dashboard.

Thank you sir. Looking forward to this.

This will help in making the reports more personal because typically the [client.name] is normally a company name and the [client.contact.name] typically contains the first and last name of the contact. Both of these would not be ideal and comes across as canned when addressing the person receiving the email and named in the report.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.