CPT edit problem

Hello,

I have a problem with my CPT in Custom Post Type Extension for MainWP. When I try to edit CPT, I need to click “Edit” and link can be in 2 variations:

• <a class=“item” href=“post.php?post=802&action=edit&select=41”>Edit</a> (this is what I need)
    and
  • <a class=“item post_getedit” href=“#”<Edit</a>
    Why there is something like this? How can I reach only this first type of link (?post=xxx&action=edit&select=xx)? When link is like this then I can easily edit my CPT (including custom meta boxes). Can you help me, please?

– EDIT: –
Here is what I mean.

Best Regards

Hey @krystianFlov

Welcome to the MainWP Community!

Can you please post the community system report from your MainWP Dashboard for review? The report is located in your Dashboard under Info → Server, on the top right of the page.

Be sure to use the button like the one below; this button hides all your private information:

Pressing the button auto-copies the report to your clipboard then just paste it in a reply here.

Hi,

thank you for reply. Already I found why this happens and now I’m looking for another solution but connected with that one up. So, I need to post only by MainWP dashboard so then I can have link like this one: ?post=xxx&action=edit&select=xx. I think just MainWP can save data then in database.

Now, how can I update child sites informations (or whatever we can call it) to have every post and every post type in database to edit it by link like ?post=xxx&action=edit&select=xx?

I will check with the development team if that is indeed possible and get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Okay, thank you Bojan for taking care of the case. Waiting for response.

The dev team got back to me -

Bulk post editing via MainWP doesn’t work with links such as post=xxx&action=edit&select=xx.
Only the CPT posts work like that.

That’s because the non-CPT posts get deleted from the MainWP Dashboard after they get pushed to child sites.

Can you please explain your requirements exactly, so the dev team can know what needs to be tweaked?

1 Like

Thank you for your ASAP response. I am looking for something that will allow me to update data from child sites and download CPT posts to the database where the MainWP panel is located. I just want to edit the CPT through the plugin panel that manages the given CPT. Is it possible to implement or help to implement this? Or that function exists and I just don’t know this?

Best Regards

Hello @bojan , are you here?

Apologies for the delay. I will check with the development team right away and update you as soon as I have new information.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. Waiting for news from devs :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Try installing this version of Custom Post Type extension:

And then use this hook:

add_filter( 'mainwp_custom_post_type_enable_wp_post', 'myhook_mainwp_custom_post_type_enable_wp_post' );
function myhook_mainwp_custom_post_type_enable_wp_post(){
     return  true;
}

It will show a menu item Edit (WP Post) below the Edit item, so you can use that to edit the post in the CPT edit screen.

1 Like

Hi Bojan, you and dev team - you are my heroes. Thank you so much for this plugin and code snippet. Is this plugin has custom code or something like that? You know, I want to know this because of future updates. Also, is there a filter an hook documentation of MainWP?

Thank you again and thanks to dev team that you guys resolved my problem.

You are most welcome.

The changes will be included in the next release of the Custom Post Types extension, and the hook will be documented in our Knowledge Base.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.