Customise Dashboard Menu of Managed Child Site

Hi all I’m looking to create a snippet (newbie with little experience) that allows me to change dashboard navigation menu on managed child sites. MainWP Branding Extension can help with most items but I need more advanced control, where I can hide menu items per user role. For example a Admin can see all dashboard menu items, anyone below Admin will see a reduces menu. It would also be helpful if I could hide within menus so remove individual submenu items but not all items.

Do you think this feature could ever be added to MainWP Branding Extension. A menu section that lists all installed Plugins and allows us to modify the Admin Dashboard Menu that other users can see, toggling on and off the visibility of those items.

I hope this makes sense any help would be appreciated.

Maybe something like this through the Code Snippet Extension

https://wpcodesnippet.com/remove-menu-items-wordpress-admin-bar/

This snippet is untested by our team so you’d want to test it on a site before pushing to your whole network.

You can find a list of snippets tested by @sebastian-moran in this git GitHub - mainwp/Code-Snippets-Functions: Repository for the MainWP Code Snippets Extension functions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.