Daily Digest Mails

Hello,
I am experiencing that the Daily Digest Mails are only sent when I log in to MainWP and synchronize manually.
Daily Digest and two other mail settings are checked and the MainWP system should sync daily.
No mails in the Spam folder (although, not an option because I get emails, but not automatically).
And the WP cron function is set in the advanced settings…

Thankful for any suggestions! Is there something to do? Installing a cron job manually or something?
Thanks for support!
Bestw ishes

1 Like

Hi @1962up

As you suggested, scheduled emails such as Daily Digest depend on the core feature of WordPress, WP-Cron, to work.

However, if there is no network activity on the website, such as you logging into the Dashboard site, WP-Cron will not trigger, and the cron jobs will not run.

If you want to make sure that WP-Cron jobs are regularly triggered on your MainWP Dashboard, you can add your Dashboard site as a monitor to an uptime service such as Uptime Robot.
The Uptime Robot will ping your dashboard site regularly and make sure that all scheduled events are occurring.

Thank you very much, Bojan! I did not know that the Cron is dependent on traffic.
I will try it!
I have added the Main WP subpage to my Uptime Robot list (the page itself is “under maintenance” so it has no traffic, besides bots etc.).
If it works, I will be silent… :slight_smile:
Best wishes and thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.