Disable Auto-Updates for a single plugin across multiple child sites?

I’m wondering if there is a way to disable auto-updates for a single plugin across multiple sites? Use case: last night a plugin auto-updated (it’s set to untrusted) and took down a handful of my websites. After rolling back everything, I was hoping MainWP would allow me to disable auto-updates across the sites which use ththe offending plugin. I can’t see to find a way to do it.

Is there a way?

Hey @jastmedia

MainWP doesn’t have an out-of-the-box solution for disabling auto-updates for a particular plugin across multiple child sites.

Perhaps you can try finding a third-party plugin that can handle disabling auto-updates for certain plugins, and then try using our Bulk Settings Manager to control that plugin on all child site from a central location on the Dashboard.

Thanks Bojan! Appreciate the clarity.

1 Like

Just to provide information about an alternative way to achieve this.

You can disable automatic updates for all plugins/themes on your child sites by using these filters:

add_filter( 'plugins_auto_update_enabled', '__return_false' );
add_filter( 'themes_auto_update_enabled', '__return_false' );

You can insert them into any number of child sites using our Code Snippets extension.
More information in this post.

And then, in the MainWP Dashboard, you can set the desired plugins/themes as Trusted. That way, MainWP will automatically update them when it detects an available update.
You can find more information about MainWP Advanced Auto updates in our help document.

And make sure to enable Plugin/Theme advanced automatic updates in the settings.

1 Like

Thank you. There are a number of tutorials with similar information. I was hoping there would be a way to disable auto-updates for a single plugin across multiple sites.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.