Doesn't work for me on PHP 8.0.24

With security support for PHP 7.4 is ending on November 28, 2022 - I have been updating my child sites as time permits.

Out of curiosity I tried MAINWP Beta 4.3 with PHP 8.0.24 and the site stopped working. :frowning:

Hey @RonTheWebGuy

We’ve been testing the 4.3 beta on PHP 8.0.24 as well but without issues.

What kind of an error are you getting for your Dashboard? And if possible, please share a screenshot.

Hi @RonTheWebGuy.

As per our testing and feedback from other users, MainWP Child is fully compatible with the PHP 8.0.24.
I believe that there is something else causing the problem on your setup.

Please feel free to open a helpdesk ticket so we can look into this and figure out what is causing this problem for you.

2 Likes

Hi Bogdan, here is the error I was getting when I switched to PHP 8.0.24

AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Undefined constant “\xe2\x80\x98WP_MEMORY_LIMIT\xe2\x80\x99”

So I set such in wp-config.php and it works now. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

These are curly quotes, so it must be a copy/paste error in your wp-config.php (or somewhere else)

1 Like

Correct - not sure how or why it worked with older PHP versions - but when I switched to PHP 8 it didn’t work. I had to redo the memory line in the wp-config.php file.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.