Domain Monitor Extension Beta Release

Hi @alainL,

Can you try this version:

An extension update has been released that contains multiple improvements for reported issues.

Upon further investigation, we found that issues with certain TLDs were caused by empty responses from the corresponding WHOIS servers.

If there are still some issues with some TLDs, please let us know and we will take a look.

Mine still shows all the same, except now it shows 0 days instead of "-19035 days” but all data is still missing

Hi @bogdan, the 2 versions on Dropbox of yesterday and today are the same, so it makes no difference.

Just a quick notice that .com.au domains are not pulling down any information at all, so the Days To Expiry are showing as 0 in the latest version, v4.0, and all dates are set to the default January 1, 1970.

No problems pulling info for .com, .org, and even .pw domains, so this is going to be a Godsend to us once the glitches are sorted!

Just an update, .CO.UK domains are now reporting zero and no domain name, although they seem to have the right registrar?
.IT domains are now reporting zero and no domain name, and no registrar
I have a ,uk.com that shows no domain, zero and 1 Jan 1970, again no registrar
A .co seems OK though?
Keep up the good work!
David

Sorry also just noticed that sorting by date is not right, 1’s then 2’s then 3’s etc… regardless of month/year

Anything for Australia is showing 0 days and Dates as January 1st 1970. I have ,com.au and .asn.au both showing the same

1 Like

Yup - same. Almost all my clients are Australian with .com.au and they don’t work

How does this get added to the Pro Reports? I see the available tokens in the documentation, but does this get added to the report by default, or do I need to add these tokens somewhere? This part confuses the heck out of me. it does not show up in the Preview Report I run and does not show up in the Report Data tab under the Report Content & Design Customization section.

Understand this is still in beta. Many of my domains which are using .com.sg and .sg (Singapore) are not showing correct information.

Hi,

I’m seeing problems with a lot of domains, including strange looking date formats, 1 January 1970 dates for multiple fields, and this is for all .co.uk, .org and .org.uk domains. The only one that seems to work is .com.

Thanks

Hey,

I’ve just installed the v4.0 and all my websites ending with .fr or .ch are showing a date of expiration of 1 January 1970

Could you please check and fix this?

Many thanks!

Hi there,
thanks for this new plugin.

It works fine with TLDs like .com for me, but it doesn’t work with .de at the moment. (I haven’t tested .net and .org yet).

Best regards
Pat

I created a custom report copied from the Modern report and added the report tokens in it, but the report is not replacing the tokens with the data. I’ve opened a ticket on this.

This looks very promising. I’m only checking about 20 sites and the results came back quickly - except for some reason I have a site that simply won’t check. I see no error messages. The creation date/updated date/expiry date all say Dec 31, 1969. The domain is hosted with GoDaddy. The only thing different about this and other domains is the TLD is .cloud rather than a more common .com/.org.

Thank you all for reporting the issues with certain TLDs. We are working on this and we are trying to find more reliable WHOIS servers for the mentioned TLDs.

As soon as we find those, we will release an update.

4 Likes

Hi,
Just installed, looking forward to adding to reports!

One small issue is in the MainWP backend, the sorting doesn’t work on some columns. For example if I try to sort by “expires” column either ASC or DESC, it doesn’t show the numbers in the right order such as lowest to highest.
The Expiry Date, Creation Date, Updated Date columns also don’t appear to sort dates properly.

.network is missing from the domains list. I can pull a record from the command line using whois.nic.network.

.us is showing 1969-12-31 for all dates. All other fields appear blank when viewing the domain details.

I am seeing discrepancies in recently renewed .com dates. I suspect this is due to .com being a thin registry. The expiration date reported by the registry is in nine days, but the expiration date in the registrar’s records is in a year and nine days.