False SSL expired error caused by MainWP, not by Let's Encrypt?

My MainWP dashboard site is hosted with Cloudways and this site seems to be working fine. My MainWP dashboard site is running with a default Cloudways URL which is NOT using a Lets Encrypt certificate.

My child sites are not hosted on Cloudways, but on another host and all my child websites are running with an Lets Encrypt certificate but they all seem to be working fine. Running different SSL check tools and there seems to be no problem at all with the Let’s Encrypt certificates on my websites!

However, I cannot connect my child sites with my MainWP dashboard site. I keep getting the message:
HTTP error - SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired

which is not correct…

When I disable the option Verify SSL certificate then I am able to reconnect the child sites again!

• Is the connection between my dashboard site and child site less secure when Verify SSL certificate is disabled?

• Is my issue a mainWP issue or is it a Let’s Encrypt issue? To me it seems in this case it’s a MainWP issue?

Have a similar issue with 2 of 12 sites, Dreamhost hosts and provides SSL Certs which are current. Both sites are working (one is in development) but I get this error: “HTTP error - SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired” when I try to reconnect from MainWP Dashboard

This topic covers this problem:

I believe that there is no need to have a second one for the same issue.

For the sites in the problem, please go to the Sites > $Site > Edit page and set SSL Verification to OFF. After that you should be able to connect again and use your setup normally until your host solves the problem.

Hello Bogdan, I started this topic because I think it is another issue then this one:

Has I said, my MainWP site is running on Cloudways, but not with an Let’s Encrypt certificate!!!
(in fact, it is a Sectigo certificate)

So my issue may not be related to the Let’s Encrypt issue? That is my question!?

Also, can you answer me my previous question about security:

• Is the connection between my dashboard site and child site less secure when Verify SSL certificate is disabled?

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:
Best Wishes,
Alwin

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.