Feature request for the "old" view in themes and plugins

Noooo, with the new version of MainWP, you have changed the visualization on mainwp backend, eliminating the columns with the varius versions of the theme/plugin. Now I only can see every site (row by row)which is the version…

This is frustrating.

I think that the column mode is muuuuuuuuch better. What do you think abount?

1 Like

Hi @evisole,

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback about this update.

As per the feedback from many users, the new layout is more useful.

Even with the new layout, you can still expand the list for a plugin and see versions and perform actions to wanted sites:

1 Like

It drives me crazy!

Please bring the old option back. The problem is some Premium updates are only showing up if you visit the backend of a specific site and go to the updates page… And at the moment it is really hard to track if it is VErsion 3.7.2 or 3.7.3…

Thank you.

We appreciate your feedback.

There weren’t any changes with regards to detection of available updates for premium themes and plugins.
Please have a look at our help document that details how to troubleshoot the issue and enhance compatibility for premium plugins/themes: Premium Plugin Updates Not Detected - MainWP Documentation

Please feel free to make a suggestion about introducing the old Manage Plugins/Themes layout as an option to our feedback site. That way, others can vote for it, letting us know which features our users want the most.

Hi, I know. It was only an example why I miss the old view. The plugins updates not detected problem is more related to Litespeed but I don’t care so much. I only want the old view back. I only see 2 people complaining here so far. Where can I read “As per the feedback from many users, the new layout is more useful.”?

Thanks.

I don’t see that happening currently, but that could change with enough votes in the Feedback site that @bojan gave you in his last reply.

However, you don’t need to wait for us or even use the default MainWP layout. As an open-source plugin, you can see the old code in Github and add it back through an Extension. If you would like more information on coding for MainWP to be your own, please check https://mainwp.dev/

1 Like

Too bad. But it is your decision.

My last support ticket was open from beginning of August until end of october. This was when I found out that your support is not as good as I expected. Ticket fyi: #13243

I’m curious to see the feedback regarding the Themes and Plugins view and not the overall experience. But I see you made your decision.

Thanks for your feedback. I’ll look over the ticket with the agent. Anyone having an issue with support can email me directly at [email protected], and I will review it.

It also seems you are conflating two different issues in one post. Originally this was about a UX change issue started by another user. However, I see you have added the suggestion to the feedback site for a vote. That is the correct way to go about requesting any change, and I appreciate you taking the time to do that.

I encourage anyone who is reading this to be sure to take part in all of our Beta releases. This is where things like this get set and can be debated before being released. This particular change was in Beta for nearly a month before its release. We included videos and multiple emails for notification.

For anyone interested, we just started a new Beta today for PHP 8.1 compatibility MainWP 4.3.1 Beta - PHP 8.1 Compatibility

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.