Google Analytics 4 Property

Hi,

I saw a topic from November asking for the same thing, but the topic is now closed.

I have clients using Google Analytics 4 Property. Those properties don’t seem supported by the MainWP Google Analytics extension.

Any ETA on when the new property will be supported?

thanks.

Hi Hani,

thanks for reaching out.

As per our testing, when creating a GA4 property, if you enable Universal Analytics option, the MainWP GA Extension will be able to see this property.

Hi Bogdan,

You mean to enable that option during GA4 property creation? Is there a way to do it after GA4 property is created? I couldn’t find a way.

thanks.

Hi Hani,

Unfortunately, this option is not available in Property edit mode, only while creating a property. I checked it too, and couldn’t find it.

Hi Bogdan,

So that’s the problem. If clients already have a G4 property, we won’t be able to provide them any kind of GA data in the reporting. I hope this enhancement is added to the GA extension roadmap soon.

thanks.

Hi Hani,

Thanks for getting back to me.

We checked this, but the current GA API doesn’t have support for this. We can’t do anything about it until their API is updated.

For now the best practice is to set this while creating properties or running both GA3 and GA4 at the same time.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.