Google Analytics entry could not be created

I’m tryin to solve a bug I’m facing with the MainWP Google Analytics Extension:

  • after the Google Api configuration, when I click on “Connect an Account”, I’m getting the error message “Google Analytics entry could not be created”
  • when I check my PHP error log, I can see that some tables in the database are not found (i.e wp_mainwp_ga and wp_mainwp_gas ) BUT I’m using a custom prefix for my database (instead of “wp_”)

Before this ticket, my precautions:

  • reinstall all MainWP plugins (and clean database)
  • try with 2 differents websites & google accounts

Does someone see something I could try?
Thx in advance

Hi @djangossoul,

Can you please post the community system report from your MainWP Dashboard for review? The report is located in your Dashboard under Status → Server, on the top right of the page.

Be sure to use the button like the one below; this button hides all your private information:


Pressing the button auto-copies the report to your clipboard then just paste it in a reply here.

Hi @bogdan,

Thank you for your message.
Yesterday I eventually changed my database prefix and reinstall all the plugins. It was a bit long but all went fine, and I no longer have PHP errors about not found tables.

As I installed other MainWP extensions, other tables went also not foundable, (not only for the Google Analytics plugin). That’s why I supposed it was about a general setting.

Is this standard database prefix a known limitation of MainWP -or some MainWP extensions?

Hi @djangossoul, database prefix should not be problem at all. MainWP support custom prefixes.

Not sure what caused the problem. If you still can duplicate it, please let me know. I will be happy to check this further.

This sounds like a table prefix with uppercase (or mixed case) letters. I’ve seen this happen with some hosts. Some compononents convert the prefix to lowercase and if an environment is case sensitive (which most environments are) the prefix is not equal and things stop working.


No, my prefix was lowercase only.
Anyway, I restart my project with a clean wordpress, and no custom prefix, and all worked fine
Thanks for your answers!

thanks for letting us know. I am very happy to hear that the problem is solved.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.