How do I delete the MainWP Dashboard Plugin?

Hi there,

I installed the MainWP Dashboard Plugin to try it out. Now I want to delete it again but there is no Plugin-section left in the menue of my normal WP-Dashboard.
And I can’t delete the Plugin via the MainWP Dashboard itself.

Thanks for your help.
Hannah

Hi @xHannah

MainWP Dashboard can be uninstalled just like any other WordPress plugin, from the WP Admin > Plugins page.

MainWP by itself should not be hiding the Plugins section of your WP Admin area.

Did you perhaps add the Dashboard site as a child to itself, and used the White Label to hide the Plugins section?

And you always have an option of deleting the mainwp folder in the /wp-content/plugins/ directory. Either by using FTP or a File Manager app in your hosting backend.

Thanks for your answer.

It’s possible that one of the other admins of this side installed the Child-Plugin. But I can’t see any connected websites in the MainWP Dashboard.

But I am pretty sure White Label is not used on this site.

Are you able to directly access the Plugins URL for that WordPress site? your-site.com/wp-admin/plugins.php

And do you have any other administrator accounts for that WP site that you can try?

Lastly, there’s always the option of deleting the mainwp folder in the /wp-content/plugins/ directory. Either by using FTP or a File Manager app in your hosting backend.

Just to reiterate, MainWP does not hide the Plugins page in the WP Admin, and there’s no out-of-the-box option for it in any of our extensions.

1 Like

I was able to fix this issue. Thank you alot

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.