Import regular WP posts into MainWP

Use case:

— I want to use my mainWP manager as content repository
— There are several plugins I will use to pull content from various sources (like RSS feeds)
— I want to be able to import those posts into the mainWP dashboard as concept posts

Aside from writing my own code for this, I don’t really see any option to accomplish this.

Any suggestions?

Hey @Ivor.pro

Welcome to the MainWP Community.

One of the key features of MainWP is the ability to manage posts across a number of other WordPress sites, however, it was not designed to serve as a content repository.

You could add the MainWP Dashboard to itself as a child site, and then the posts that you import to the Dashboard will be visible in the Manage Posts section of the MainWP Dashboard.

But you will still have to copy/paste the content of the posts if you wish to publish it to other sites. MainWP Dashboard doesn’t have a feature where you can simply select a post and then re-publish it to different sites.

That use case was not within the design scope of MainWP.

Please feel free to make a suggestion about this on our feedback site. That way, others can vote for it, letting us know which features our users want the most.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.