Improve Clean and Lock for IPv6 range

Hello folks,

My IPv6 isn’t fix anymore, I would need to use an IPv6 range from the clean and lock plugin.
But when we add for example: 1111:2222:3333:4444::/64 inside the “Allow login from” and save settings, it output inside the htaccess this line: “RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} !^1111:2222:3333:4444::/64$”, but it doesn’t work when my IPv6 change.

The line who works (but I added it manually) and it’s get overwritten each time I save settings inside the Clean and Lock: RewriteCond expr "-R '1111:2222:3333:4444::/64'"

Is this possible to have an update on this MainWP extension so we can output line like the one above? For IPv6 range.

Best regards,

Adrien.

@adrienrobert Thank you for the detailed explanation on the issue that you are having. Please keep in mind though that this forum ( Feature Requests ) has actually been moved to feedback.mainwp.com - for some reason this subcategory is not marked as so. Sorry about the confusion.

However, feel free to repost over there in order for others to vote on this. In the mean time while you do that I’d like to get you up and running how you’d like it to be.

The block is generated by MainWP Clean and Lock can NOT be edited because it will be over written.
If you copy the .htccess block and paste it outside of the #Begin/End comment container - remove any I.P. from the settings page and save it. MainWP will ignore any htaccess directives outside of it’s #Begin/End comment container.

1 Like

Hello @kwcjr, I’ved posted the topic inside the feedback.mainwp.com website.
But I had issues and it posted twice… And I can’t remove one so you would have to clean up the oldest one.

This is a good idea until it’s baked inside the extension. I’ll do that to be sure my IPv6 range isn’t removed :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like