Install of theme from zip file doesn't fail but doesn't show up in Manage Themes or anywhere

I uploaded a theme in it’s zip format directly from the envato download page. Mainwp says it was completed but when I click to Manage Themes the theme is not there and is nowhere to be found. I’ve tried it several times.

Hi @marcelovigo, I have never seen this problem. What happens if you try to install this theme ZIP file directly on the site though WP > Appearance > Themes > Add Themes?

Have you tried to check via FTP if the folder exists on the child site?

@marcelovigo check the zip file from envato, sometime they put other files in it and you get another zip file inside which is the theme itself. Be there, done that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought of that and checked and the zip file only has the theme folder in it. I uploaded it via wordpress themes without any problems.

1 Like

perhaps I’m not understanding how the manage themes page is supposed to work. If i check off a site and click view themes it shows me it’s themes but I don’t seem to have any way to favorite the theme.

I was able to upload the theme to the favorites extension just not in the mainwp dashboard themes page.

So it appears I just didn’t understand how “manage themes” worked. Sorry for the confusion.

Hi @marcelovigo, thanks for letting us know that the problem is solved and that everything is working ok now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.