Is anyone else seeing their site updates (plugin/theme) hanging and continuously spinning

I started to notice this about 1 week ago, where out of say 10 sites that I had marked for updating the plugins, 3-4 would not update and just show the spinning “updating” wheel but nothing happens. Then it got worse, so much so that now NON of my sites will update from within my MainWP Dashboard.
I’ve talked to my host, where the support is excellent and they are unaware of any changes/modifications to server settings that would do this.
At one time I could get around this glitch by choosing small groups and manually clicking the individual plugin updates for each site, but even then, 2 out of 5 would fail or hang.
I don’t get any errors, Nothing pops up… the updates just hang and spin.
I’ve tried rebooting the server, rebooting the MainWP dashboard (logout/sign in), and CTRL/F5 to refresh the site, but nothing has fixed this issue.
Have there been any changes/updates to how MainWP connects with our sites?
Has anyone else seen this issue?
Many thanks for any help provided.

1 Like

Hey @nolimit2it

We didn’t have any changes that would cause such an issue. Are you now unable to update a single plugin or a theme on any of your sites, even when trying to do one at a time?

And can you please post the community system report from your MainWP Dashboard for review? The report is located in your Dashboard under Info → Server, on the top right of the page.

Be sure to use the button like the one below; this button hides all your private information:

Pressing the button auto-copies the report to your clipboard then just paste it in a reply here.

Thanks for your reply Bojan.
Ok, I guess I’m doing a “chicken little” impression as just now (it was hanging as it has for a week earlier this AM) it seems to be working fine. I’ll keep watching it but maybe they DID find some small setting that they switched on the server.

Previously, I was only able to update ONE Site and ONE Plugin at a time. That seems to work for most sites. If I try to update a site with more than one plugin that requires an update OR I select several sites to update all at once, everything seems to hang and it just sits there and spins.

Now, just a few hrs after watching ALL the updates hang, it is working as it should.
I will post again if it starts acting up and include the “System Report”.

1 Like

I’m glad it’s working now, and keep us updated if things change.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.