MainWP Child plugin not in WordPress repository! Security issue?

Hello @dennis and team,

Something weird is happening with the MainWP Child plugin, we can’t find it in the WP Repository!!!

Not sure if you are aware but does it means that there is a security issue with your plugin?

@wpexpert scared me for a minute there! I see it in the repository MainWP Child – Securely Connects Sites to the MainWP WordPress Manager Dashboard – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org and if you search for MainWP Child in your search bar. Not sure why it is not showing up just searching MainWP it was the first results a few days ago.

Maybe .org is going to have SERP updates like Google now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

LOL! Sorry @dennis - but looks like the search is case-sensitive now???
If I search mainwp - no child

but if I search like recommended, MainWP Child, the child is showing!

That is a first because our SOP has mainwp and it was always working…
Oh well, updating the SOP now! Thanks and sorry for the scared moment…
Fred

3 Likes

We’re going to research it but we haven’t change any text or anything else on the Child plugin for 2 months (waiting for the Beta release) so I’m at a bit of a loss for the reason until we can dig in more.

1 Like

Did you piss off someone at WP.org @dennis ? :innocent:

1 Like

2 Likes

I’ve checked it and see the same results. When searching on WP.org, it’s still showing up. So I’ve dropped the question on Slack #meta channel

2 Likes

I’ve just installed MainWP Child on a new client site and it was back in the search results looking for “mainwp”.

2 Likes

Thanks @josklever - I confirm it too! Same site, now I get the child plugin. @dennis , did you changed something? Very curious to learn or it was a glitch in the Matrix?

2 Likes

Thanks @josklever ! @wpexpert no we didn’t make any changes must of been a glitch.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.