At MainWP, we’re constantly striving to improve and innovate, and our latest release candidate is ready. While our team has rigorously tested this update on our internal servers, the diversity of real-world applications is unparalleled.
Your experience and insight can make a significant difference. We invite you to install the Dashboard and Child plugins on your test sites and share your valuable feedback.
This update should be stable and not cause any significant issues; however, we do recommend you set up some dedicated testing sites or sub-domains until you have verified everything works on your server setup.
If you are setting up a new testing environment, all you need to do is download and install the Dashboard and Child Plugin as usual.
If you decide that you want to run the Beta on your existing live environment, follow these instructions:
Upgrade Dashboard Plugin
- Download the MainWP Dashboard ZIP from above
- On your MainWP Dashboard site, deactivate and delete the version that you are currently using
- Install the new (RC) Dashboard plugin
- Activate the plugin
Upgrade Child Plugin
- Download the MainWP Child ZIP from above
- Then get to your MainWP Dashboard
- Go to the Plugins > Install > Upload page
- Select the sites you want to upload it to
- Upload the Child Plugin you downloaded earlier
- Be sure BOTH “Activate after installation ” and “Overwrite existing” are selected
- Press the button to complete the process
That will install this version on your child sites for you.
These updates are part of our continuous effort to enhance the functionality, user experience, and reliability of the MainWP plugin. We are committed to regularly refining our product to meet the evolving needs of our users and to adhere to current WordPress standards.
For reporting MainWP RC issues, we created a separate subcategory under the Support section. To report problems, please go to the RC Category and post as many details as possible about the problem you have found.