MainWP Privacy Policy

I have to admit that when I read MainWP’s privacy policy I was concerned with the fact that they can give my personal details to third parties for advertising. Am I the only one?

Frankly, I get too much spam as it is without signing up to a company that states they can share my info with advertising networks and other third parties for marketing. Or is that wording misleading and I am wrong?

I am disappointed because I have just installed MainWP free and love it, but can’t even get the free extensions without giving my full address as well, which can also be shared.

Thank you for submitting your question! Your privacy is very important to us and we are happy to answer any questions that you may have about our privacy practices.

The MainWP Privacy Policy concerns only the data that is collected through our website (mainwp.com) and not through our plugins. When you visit our website, we may provide your information to advertising networks such as Facebook and Google for the sole purpose of showing you ads regarding our services and products that you may be interested in purchasing. This information is not shared with advertising networks such as Facebook or Google for any other purposes (for example, we do not sell your personal information to these networks so that they could show you ads for third party products or services). In addition, if you subscribe to our newsletter, we will send you marketing emails (we need to share your personal information with marketing providers to be able to send you those emails but do not share that information with marketing providers for any other purposes).

Regarding us asking for your address to install extensions, we need that information to activate the extension license which creates the API to insert on the Dashboard to activate the extension.

If you would not like your personal information to be used for marketing purposes, you can opt out of such uses at any time by contacting us and you can view all of the privacy rights that we provide to all users of our website here: Privacy Policy - MainWP WordPress Management.

I hope that this helps answer your questions. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions about how we protect your privacy!

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply.

It is the fact that you may share my personal information with advertising networks that I do not like and concerns me.

Thank you for your response. We completely understand your concern and that is why we allow you to opt out of your personal information being shared with advertisers. To opt out, please contact us at [email protected] with your request.

You can also opt out of being tracked for advertising by adjusting your cookie settings. You can do so by clicking the green fingerprint icon on our website and then unselecting marketing cookies.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.