Migrated WP site to new server, MainWP Upload Directory - Unable to create directory

Hi there,

At a loss with this one.

I have migrated a WP site from one server to another. The MainWP child plugin now shows this error on the new server:

MainWP Upload Directory
Writable Unable to create directory /var/sites/m/abc.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/uploads/mainwp/. Is its parent directory writable by the server? Warning

The tabs for Server Information and Connection Details are blank.

I have deactived/deleted/reinstalled the child plugin, purged cache, disconnected/reconnected to the MainWP Dashboard etc, all to no avail.

I have also freshly created a seperate WP site on the new server, and succesfully installed the MainWP child plugin that is now working with the remote MainWP Dashboard. So MainWP does actually work on the new server.

What is odd about the error message is that ‘/var/sites/m/’ bit is associated with the file structure of the old server. When I look at the MainWP Upload Directory within the Server Information tab on the new server for fresh WP install, I see this directory: /home/def.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/uploads/mainwp/

I don’t know, but does a migrated MainWP child plugin contain a ‘hard coded’ upload directory path?

All ideas welcome!

Thanks
Maynard

1 Like

Ok, I have solved it. Within the Settings → Media option in the WP Dashboard, there is an Uploading Files entry that designates the ‘uploads’ folder. I have changed this and MainWP is now working. None of the WP migration tutorials I followed told me about that!
Maynard

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.