Non-MainWP changes bug

Hey!

Let me start by saying that this new feature is nice, but up for improvement. Not seeing actions from the account which is tied to MainWP would be nice, actions I did outside of MainWP are just double the work to dismiss the notices. But I have an issue that 1 action is recurring and dismissing isn’t working. It just comes back. Any thoughts?

1 Like

I’ve seen the same issue with repeating notices (same action, plugin and timestamp), but I was able to dismiss the notices to clean up my list.

1 Like

Hey @jeroenrotty

There’s an open suggestion on our feedback site to add a toggle to filter out the actions made by the user account that was used to connect the Child Site to the Dashboard. Please do give it a vote here: Non MainWP Changes: toggle to filter out admin notices - MainWP

We couldn’t reproduce the issue of dismissed action returning back.

Can you please post the community system report from your MainWP Dashboard for review? The report is located in your Dashboard under Info → Server, on the top right of the page.

Be sure to use the button like the one below; this button hides all your private information:

Pressing the button auto-copies the report to your clipboard then just paste it in a reply here.

Hey Bojan,

Upvoted the FR from Jos :+1: .

Server system report:

WordPress Check Required Detected Status

FileSystem Method = direct direct Pass
MultiSite Disabled =true true Pass
WordPress Memory Limit >=64M 40M Warning
WordPress Version >=3.6 6.1.1 Pass

PHP Required Detected Status

cURL Extension Enabled =true true Pass
cURL SSL Version >=OpenSSL/1.1.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1f Pass
cURL Timeout >=300 seconds 60 Warning
cURL Version >=7.29.0 7.68.0 Pass
PCRE Backtracking Limit >=10000 1000000 Pass
PHP Allow URL fopen N/A YES
PHP Disabled Functions N/A _getppid, diskfreespace, dl, escapeshellcmd, exec, fpassthru, getmyuid, highlight_file, ini_alter, ini_alter, leak, link, listen, passthru, pcntl_exec, popen, posix, posix_ctermid, posix_getcwd, posix_getegid, posix_geteuid, posix_geteuid, posix_getgid, posix_getgrgid, posix_getgrnam, posix_getgroups, posix_getlogin, posix_getpgid, posix_getpgrp, posix_getpid, posix_getpwuid, posix_getrlimit, posix_getsid, posix_getuid, posix_isatty, posix_kill, posix_mkfifo, posix_setegid, posix_seteuid, posix_setgid, posix_setpgid, posix_setsid, posix_setuid, posix_times, posix_ttyname, posix_uname, proc_close, proc_nice, proc_open, proc_terminate, shell_exec, show_source, socket_accept, socket_bind, socket_clear_error, socket_close, socket_connect, socket_create_listen, socket_create_pair, socket_listen, socket_read, source, stream_socket_server, symlink, system, tmpfile, virtual,
PHP Exif Support N/A YES ( V8.0.)
PHP IPTC Support N/A YES
PHP Loaded Extensions N/A Core, FFI, PDO, Phar, Reflection, SPL, SimpleXML, Zend OPcache, bcmath, bz2, calendar, cgi-fcgi, ctype, curl, date, dom, enchant, exif, fileinfo, filter, ftp, gd, gettext, gmp, hash, iconv, igbinary, imap, intl, json, libxml, mbstring, memcache, memcached, msgpack, mysqli, mysqlnd, openssl, pcntl, pcre, pdo_mysql, pdo_sqlite, posix, pspell, readline, realpath_turbo, redis, session, shmop, soap, sockets, sodium, sqlite3, standard, swoole, sysvmsg, sysvsem, sysvshm, tidy, tokenizer, xml, xmlreader, xmlrpc, xmlwriter, xsl, zip, zlib
PHP Max Execution Time >=30 seconds 60 Pass
PHP Max Input Time >=30 seconds 120 Pass
PHP Memory Limit >=128M 512M Pass
PHP Post Max Size >=2M 256M Pass
PHP Safe Mode Disabled =true true Pass
PHP Upload Max Filesize >=2M 256M Pass
PHP Version >=7.0 8.0.25 Pass
PHP XML Support N/A YES
SSL Extension Enabled =true true Pass
SSL Warnings = empty Pass

MySQL Required Detected Status

MySQL Client Encoding N/A utf8mb4
MySQL Mode N/A ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION
MySQL Version >=5.0 10.5.18-MariaDB-1:10.5.18+maria~ubu2004 Pass

Server Configuration Detected Value

Accept Content text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/avif,image/webp,/;q=0.8
Accept-Charset Content N/A
Architecture 64 bit
Gateway Interface CGI/1.1
HTTPS ON
Memory Usage 10.38 MB
Operating System Linux
Request Time 1669901733
Server Protocol HTTP/1.0
Server self connect Not expected HTTP response body:
Server Software Apache/2.4.54 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.1.1f
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:107.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/107.0

MainWP Dashboard Settings Detected Value

Abandoned plugins/themes tolerance 365
Basic uptime monitoring enabled No
Cache control enabled No
MainWP Dashboard Version Latest: 4.3.0.1 | Detected: 4.3.0.1 Pass
MainWP legacy backups enabled No
Maximum number of pages to return
Maximum number of posts to return
Maximum simultaneous install and update requests3
Maximum simultaneous requests 4
Maximum simultaneous requests per ip1
Maximum simultaneous sync requests 8
Minimum delay between requests 200
Minimum delay between requests to the same ip1000
Number of child sites 47
Optimize for shared hosting or big networksYes
Plugin advanced automatic updates enabledNo
Primary backup system MainWP Legacy Backups
REST API enabled No
Site health monitoring enabled No
Theme advanced automatic updates enabledNo
Use WP Cron Yes
WP Core advanced automatic updates enabledNo

Extensions Version License Status

Dashboard Lock 4.0.2 Actived Pass
MainWP Vulnerability Checker Extension4.1.2 Deactivated Warning

Plugin Version Status

MainWP Dashboard 4.3.0.1 Active

1 Like

Thanks for the system report. Nothing in it stands out as an obvious issue.

And we couldn’t reproduce the issue on any of our test Dashboards.

Would you mind opening a private Help Desk ticket so we can collect some additional information & investigate further?

This was part of the issue I submitted. I have turned off the dashboard widget because for 2 sites I am currently at 1100 entries and climbing hourly.

I have just created a private support ticket - with a temp login into the dashboard to investigate.

1 Like

I have the same issue, dismissed entries return and there are 10 or more entries for the same thing. The very first items recorded were on Nov. 18, the owner installed Kadence blocks on one site. Not only have I dismissed everything a couple of times, there are 18 entries for that single act alone. In all now over 400 entries. And they are usually listed in ascending order, so that not even the newest are seen first. This function desperately needs a clear all.

1 Like

“Good” to hear I’m not the only one having this issue. I have been in contact Bojan through email to give them more access to check things in detail. I hope they find the root cause and can fix this in one go for all of us.

2 Likes

We are currently investigating the issue.

@7thcircle @Robin_Pfeifer
If you wouldn’t mind creating SFTP access to the Dashboard and an affected Child site for our development team to investigate further, please open a private help desk ticket, and we can proceed from there.

On one website where I also had these reappearing entries, I found them in the wp_options table in the key mainwp_child_actions_saved_data, which should be cleared after sending, but apparently isn’t. So I’ve deleted that key and tried to sync again. After that I deactivated a random plugin and activated it again. I’ve synced the child site on my dashboard and the entries were shown. I removed them and synced again and they didn’t reappear. So it’s solved for this site and the issue seems to be caused by the option that’s left in the database.

I’ve also tried to investigate the file in which this option is handled (mainwp-child/class/class-mainwp-child-actions.php), but couldn’t figure that out myself.

1 Like

Thanks for the investigative efforts, Jos.

I’ve passed your findings along to the development team.

2 Likes

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know that we are actively working on this, and the fix is expected in the upcoming release scheduled for early next week.

2 Likes

I will go upvote there being a toggle to turn it off. I would rather it NOT be turned off for any user.

Currently mine never shows any activity even when I know something was done in the WordPress admin dashboard. Not sure why mine isn’t working, but I also have not had any time to investigate the issue. It may be something easy.

Thank you for voting on our feedback site. It helps us understand what features users want the most.

In the MainWP Dashboard v4.3, if the changes on the Child Sites were made by the same user that was used to connect the site to the MainWP Dashboard, the changes would not get logged in the non-MainWP Changs widget.

However, since version 4.3.01., all changes, including ones made by that user, should be logged in the widget. Please try updating your Dashboard to the latest version and see if that helps. And don’t forget to synchronize the Dashboard after you’ve made the changes on the Child Sites.

Just to provide an update on this - this was caused by a rather atypical bug in the MainWP Child plugin, which has been fixed in version 4.3.1. of the said plugin.

I can confirm that this issue is still present based on the 4500+ lines of changes in my db

Since I can not reply, I will add that the table mainwp_child_actions_saved_data does not exist on any of my child sites.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @7thcircle

Even though the issue has been fixed, it may be necessary to manually delete the old duplicate entries.

First, the logs stored on the affected child sites have to be deleted. They are stored in the
mainwp_child_actions_saved_data table in the databases of the child sites.

After that, delete the data stored in the database of the Dashboard site. You can do so by running this SQL query in the phpMyAdmin:

DELETE FROM mwpp_mainwp_wp_actions WHERE wpid = site_id_with_the_issue

site_id_with_the_issue – should be replaced with the actual site ID.