Our 8th Anniversary

:balloon: The 8th Anniversary of MainWP

Eight years ago, MainWP was released on WordPress.org, becoming the first fully open source WordPress Management plugin.

I believe, even after all these years, my original quote from our first press release stands as true now as it did then:

“When we started this, we felt there had to be a more economical way for users to be able to control their network of sites than what was available.

We initially went down a few different roads, but everyone at MainWP is pleased that we settled on the open-source route.

Open source allowed us the ability to compete almost immediately with the more entrenched WordPress management solutions.”

Over the years, our active installs count from WordPress.org has crossed over 10,000 MainWP Dashboards and 500,000 Child Sites, and we never stopped innovating, updating, and improving the plugins.

In the past eight years, we released:

• 333 Updates to MainWP Dashboard
  • 419 Updates to MainWP Child
  • 13+ Free & 29+ Premium Extensions
  • Numerous improvements to our Extensions

MainWP continues to grow every day, and one of the primary reasons is that we strive to follow the guiding principles from my first quote; “open source & economical.”

We aim to continually offer the best value and highest quality WordPress Management experience possible.

And, a big thanks to you for trusting MainWP for your business needs.

5 Likes

Congratulations @dennis to you and your team on the milestone! The last 2 premium extensions MainWP release are amazing. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.