Over night 20 of 50+ sites disconnected

Hi,
Over night 20 of my 50+ sites disconnected.
The only common fact is that they’re hosted with the same hosting company (unaxus.ch).
No auto-updates have been executed, no manual updates have been made.
I tested the connections of some sites in the edit screen, all are ok.
When I hit the reconnect button, this error message is shown:
MainWP Child plugin not detected or could not be reached! Ensure the MainWP Child plugin is installed and activated on the child site, and there are no security rules blocking requests. If you continue experiencing this issue, check the ((the rest of the message is missing))
I tried the obvious and deactivated/reactivated the child plugin on one of the sites to no avail.
Before I proceed to uninstall/reinstall I’d like to know what else I can do.
Thanks
Lukas
PS: Child plugin and dashboard versions are the latest; WP6.0 update not yet done on dashboard and child sites, waiting for 6.01.

Please excuse me, I should rather have opened a help ticket to share the system reports – just done.

Issues like this usually happen when some security layer on the child sites server starts blocking requests from the Dashboard site. The fact that there were no updates in MainWP plugin prior to the problem, means that some server-side factors caused it.

I would check with the host support about this and had them review firewall logs.

Hi Bogdan,
thanks for your reply.
I’ve followed up with the response from the hosting service via the ticket with Bojan.
If possible please close this thread.
Best,
Lukas

Lukas has informed us via a support ticket that the issue was resolved by itself.

Even though we suspect it was caused by the hosting company where the Child sites were located, we can’t really be sure.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.