Plugin Update Error in WP Admin

I am getting an update error. The part that is a bit frustrating is, it gives me and error message that I can’t actually read.

When I hover over that message, it gives me a longer message all in one line that starts off the page to the left with no way to scroll or read the message. I know why the other sites are not updating, but this site does not share that issue so it would be super helpful to be able to read the error message.

This bug has been reported before and would be investigated IIRC, but I don’t know the current status. It’s actually an error that’s parsed incorrectly.

Most of the time it seems to be caused by a timeout or something and the update might have already succeeded or it can succeed on the next attempt. If it still fails it will probably also fail if installed directly on the child site and you should check the error logs of the client site.

It did update directly on the site with no issues. Just not from MWP.

Hi @rockindoublej

Thanks for reporting this issue with how the error tooltip is displayed. It will be fixed in the next release of the Dashboard.

The most common reason why an update may temporarily fail is due to a large number of update requests so the update usually succeeds on the next attempt, or as @josklever pointed out, other times the update may have been completed, but the child site didn’t send back the appropriate response to the Dashboard.

If the update fails continuously, then it’s worth checking out the child site itself, its error logs and whether the plugin can be updated directly on the child site.

Hi Bojan,

It appears to be resolved my end. I tried repeatedly to update in MainWP and it would not work. When I went directly to the site, it worked no problem. I only bring this up for your knowledge as you look into the issue. No idea what happened. :person_shrugging:t3:

I have been using MWP for a number of years and never had this issue before.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.