Team Control extension practically unusable with a lot of sites

Hi, two bugs/annoyances with user roles, sorted by most to least annoying:

1. When creating a new role, access to all sites are selected by default and there’s seemingly no way to deselect all. This is highly annoying with ~300 sites and will become moreso when adding an order of magnitude.

So in practice I’m asking for a select/deselect all sites button for the Select by Website tab.

Preferably also for all of the access flags - that’s a lot of checkboxes to untick manually when creating roles that essentially only need to be able to Access WP Admin, especially if you want to create a dozen or two roles.

1. If I have all sites selected in the Select by Website tab and go to the Select by Group tag and select/deselect one group, I would expect those websites to become unselected in the Select by Website tab. However, all sites are still selected.

Also if I have a specific site deselected in the Select by Website tab and go to the Select by Group tag and select one group and go back to Select by Website, the site isn’t selected. Seems like the state isn’t being synced between the tabs.

1. I have a role that I’m unable to delete. When trying to update anything in the role it says “Role could not be found.” and when trying to delete it it says “Deleting failed. Please, try again.” even though it says “There are no users with the “Site manager” role detected.” in the step just before.

2. In the Select by Website tab it would be quite useful to have a search function. There’s already a lot of scrolling with 300 sites although it’s definitely doable and not a huge deal.

1 Like

Hi @oscar,

This is already on our road-map. Should be implemented soon.

The same as previous remark, it’s on our list.

I am not able to duplicate this problem.

Can you please post the community system report from your MainWP Dashboard for review? The report is located in your Dashboard under Status → Server, on the top right of the page.

Be sure to use the button like the one below; this button hides all your private information:

Pressing the button auto-copies the report to your clipboard then just paste it in a reply here.

We can look into this when we get to the usability updates from above.

1 Like

Glad to hear that! Is there an issue tracker that I can follow and do you have even a rough ETA for this?

Here’s the report:

### Server Info                    Required                                               Detected                                     Status   ###

MainWP Dashboard                   
MainWP Dashboard Version           4.0.7.2                                                4.0.7.2                                      Pass        
MainWP Upload Directory            Writable                                               Writable                                     Pass        
MainWP Extensions                  
Activity Log for MainWP            1.4.1                                                  Inactive                                     Warning     
MainWP Clean and Lock Extension    4.0.1                                                  Active                                       Pass        
MainWP Team Control                4.0                                                    Active                                       Pass        
MainWP Wordfence Extension         4.0                                                    Active                                       Pass        
WordPress                          
WordPress Version                  >=3.6                                                  5.3.2                                        Pass        
WordPress Memory Limit             >=64M                                                  256M                                         Pass        
MultiSite Disabled                 =true                                                  true                                         Pass        
FileSystem Method                  = direct                                               direct                                       Pass        
PHP                                
PHP Version                        >=5.6                                                  7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.3                      Pass        
PHP Safe Mode Disabled             =true                                                  true                                         Pass        
PHP Max Execution Time             >=30 seconds                                           30                                           Pass        
PHP Max Input Time                 >=30 seconds                                           300                                          Pass        
PHP Memory Limit                   >=128M                                                 512M                                         Pass        
PCRE Backtracking Limit            >=10000                                                1000000                                      Pass        
PHP Upload Max Filesize            >=2M                                                   100M                                         Pass        
PHP Post Max Size                  >=2M                                                   100M                                         Pass        
SSL Extension Enabled              =true                                                  true                                         Pass        
SSL Warnings                       = empty                                                                                             Pass        
cURL Extension Enabled             =true                                                  true                                         Pass        
cURL Timeout                       >=300 seconds                                          300                                          Pass        
cURL Version                       >=7.18.1                                               7.58.0                                       Pass        
cURL SSL Version                   >=OpenSSL/0.9.8l                                       OpenSSL/1.1.1                                Pass        
PHP Allow URL fopen                YES                                                    
PHP Exif Support                   YES ( V7.2.)                                           
PHP IPTC Support                   YES                                                    
PHP XML Support                    YES                                                    
PHP Disabled Functions             , pcntl_alarm, pcntl_async_signals, pcntl_exec, pcntl_fork, pcntl_get_last_error, pcntl_getpriority, pcntl_setpriority, pcntl_signal, pcntl_signal_dispatch, pcntl_signal_get_handler, pcntl_sigprocmask, pcntl_sigtimedwait, pcntl_sigwaitinfo, pcntl_strerror, pcntl_wait, pcntl_waitpid, pcntl_wexitstatus, pcntl_wifcontinued, pcntl_wifexited, pcntl_wifsignaled, pcntl_wifstopped, pcntl_wstopsig, pcntl_wtermsig,
PHP Loaded Extensions              Core, PDO, Phar, Reflection, SPL, SimpleXML, Zend OPcache, calendar, cgi-fcgi, ctype, curl, date, dom, exif, fileinfo, filter, ftp, gd, gettext, hash, iconv, igbinary, intl, json, libxml, mbstring, mysqli, mysqlnd, openssl, pcre, pdo_mysql, posix, readline, redis, session, shmop, sockets, sodium, standard, sysvmsg, sysvsem, sysvshm, tokenizer, wddx, xml, xmlreader, xmlwriter, xsl, zlib
MySQL                              
MySQL Version                      >=5.0                                                  5.7.29-0ubuntu0.18.04.1                      Pass        
MySQL Mode                         NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION
MySQL Client Encoding              utf8                                                   
Server Info                        
Server Software                    nginx/1.14.0                                           
Operating System                   Linux                                                  
Architecture                       64 bit                                                 
Server Protocol                    HTTP/1.1                                               
HTTPS                              ON - on                                                
Server self connect                Not expected HTTP response body:                       
User Agent                         Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/79.0.3945.130 Safari/537.36
Gateway Interface                  CGI/1.1                                                
Memory Usage                       11.46 MB                                               
Request Time                       1582247409                                             
Accept Content                     text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,image/apng,*/*;q=0.8,application/signed-exchange;v=b3;q=0.9
Accept-Charset Content             N/A                                                    
MainWP Settings                    
Number Of Child Sites              313                                                    
Use WP-Cron                        Yes                                                    
Optimize for Shared Hosting or Big NetworksYes                                                    
Automatic Daily Update             Install trusted updates                                
Abandoned Plugins/Themes Tolerance 365                                                    
Maximum number of posts to return                                                         
Maximum number of pages to return                                                         
Primary Backup System              Default MainWP Backups                                 
Maximum simultaneous requests      4                                                      
Minimum delay between requests     200                                                    
Maximum simultaneous requests per ip1                                                      
Minimum delay between requests to the same ip1000                                                   
Maximum simultaneous sync requests                                                        
Minimum simultaneous install/update requests                                                       
Active Plugins                     
Activity Log for MainWP            1.4.1                                                  Active                                       
Easy WP SMTP                       1.3.9.2                                                Active                                       
MainWP Dashboard                   4.0.7.2                                                Active                                       

Thanks!

Unfortunately, there is no public issue tracker but I will update you here as soon as we are done.

Regarding the problem with deleting roles, I reviewed the report and it looks fine. Just so I am 100% sure, does this happen with any role you try to delete or update or just one?

:+1:

Just this particular one. I could just delete it from the DB but it would be annoying if this turned out to be a common occurrence. Here’s the role (curious why you would base64 encode the serialized data?):

The site array on the bottom is interesting, it differs from a “normal” entry (the others I have), where sites are represented by integers. Example of a “normal” one:

The one I can’t delete is the first one I created and I remember messing around back and forth with users/roles both in MainWP as well as in the regular WP backend but don’t remember what I did in particular…

Aha! Had a look at wp_user_roles in wp_options and this undeletable role is not found there… don’t see how I could’ve deleted it though?

Hi @oscar, thanks for the update.

I did expect something like this. I am not a coder, so I am not sure if I can explain properly, but what I think is that somehow role ID (or some meta data) got messed up so the extension can’t find the role and process the Edit and Delete request.

I don’t think that this is something that could happen again, so at this point I believe that it might be best to simply delete the role directly in database and create a new one.

Usability problems solved in the extension version 4.0.1

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.