Unable to remove disconnected site from dashboard

Hey folks - there’s a site in my dashboard that I disconnected several months ago.

I am unable to REMOVE it altogether (preferred) or even suspend it.

If I go the Manage Site page and try to remove it from there, I get the “Type REMOVE” modal and do so, then the modal clears and the “Removing the site, please wait” message appears on the page but then… Nothing. Status doesn’t change and when refreshed after an extended wait, the site is still listed.

If I try to Suspend the site, I can flip the toggle on the Edit page and Save but the site’s status remains unchanged.

So how the heck do I get this site out of my dashboard (V4.3.1)?

(Site itself has been deleted, so I can’t try reconnecting and performing these steps from a connected site.)

[Edited to add: MainWP is on a dedicated WP install and behaviour occurs even when the few other plugins on the dashboard site are deactivated]

I see hanging removal actions quite regularly (sometimes it’s working correctly), but in my case the sites are actually removed after a refresh. I’ve reported this some time ago, but as they couldn’t reproduce it, it hasn’t been solved yet. I’ve also seen others reporting the same issue. And my guess is that your case is related, although a bit worse. There should be some more error handling/logging added to this process.

In the end it should be possible to delete a site from the wp_mainwp_wp table in your database, but it could leave orphaned records in other tables.

Hey @thompsonpaul

Can you please post the community system report from your MainWP Dashboard for review? The report is located in your Dashboard under Info → Server, on the top right of the page.

Be sure to use the button like the one below; this button hides all your private information:

Pressing the button auto-copies the report to your clipboard then just paste it in a reply here.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.