Wordfence - installing license key

Hi, can I use the Bulk Settings Manager to create a key that will install my Wordfence licence to a child site, once the Wordfence plugin has been installed and activated there? (I tried to do this but keep getting an error when I save the key to the child site)

Hey @clgm

Welcome to the MainWP Community!

Can you please share with us what error do you get when you try saving the key?

ERROR: You dont send nonce: wpseo-redirects-ajax-security
Trace: #0 wp_verify_nonce() called at [/nas/content/live/adamkhattaksol/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo-premium/premium/classes/redirect/redirect-page.php:308] #1 WPSEO_Redirect_Page->fetch_bulk_action() called at [/nas/content/live/adamkhattaksol/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo-premium/premium/classes/redirect/redirect-page.php:229] #2 WPSEO_Redirect_Page->initialize_admin() called at [/nas/content/live/adamkhattaksol/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo-premium/premium/classes/redirect/redirect-page.php:18] #3 WPSEO_Redirect_Page->__construct() called at [/nas/content/live/adamkhattaksol/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo-premium/premium/premium.php:260] #4 WPSEO_Premium->redirect_setup() called at [/nas/content/live/adamkhattaksol/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo-premium/premium/premium.php:145] #5 WPSEO_Premium->setup() called at [/nas/content/live/adamkhattaksol/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo-premium/premium/premium.php:106] #6 WPSEO_Premium->__construct() called at [/nas/content/live/adamkhattaksol/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo-premium/wp-seo-premium.php:111] #7 wpseo_premium_init() called at [/nas/content/live/adamkhattaksol/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:308] #8 WP_Hook->apply_filters() called at [/nas/content/live/adamkhattaksol/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:332] #9 WP_Hook->do_action() called at [/nas/content/live/adamkhattaksol/wp-includes/plugin.php:517] #10 do_action() called at [/nas/content/live/adamkhattaksol/wp-settings.php:480] #11 require_once(/nas/content/live/adamkhattaksol/wp-settings.php) called at [/nas/content/live/adamkhattaksol/wp-config.php:127] #12 require_once(/nas/content/live/adamkhattaksol/wp-config.php) called at [/nas/content/live/adamkhattaksol/wp-load.php:50] #13 require_once(/nas/content/live/adamkhattaksol/wp-load.php) called at [/nas/content/live/adamkhattaksol/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php:22]

I will try the process on How to fix Invalid nonce error in Bulk Settings Manager - MainWP Documentation.

I think the problem is that all the child sites have a different set of plugins from each other, and from the parent site. Would that cause an ongoing error?

The variety of plugin shouldn’t be a factor here.

The steps in that article should help with the nonce error. Let us know how it goes.

The process in How to fix Invalid nonce error in Bulk Settings Manager - MainWP Documentation worked for every step of the installation except for configuring Wordfence on the site.

I’m not getting any errors when I save the key to a child site. But the key isn’t able to configure the plugin on the child site.

Thanks for the update.

I’ve tried making a Key for the page on which the License field is located, and the Post-submission Request certainly didn’t contain all fields from that page.

It is very likely that the Wordfence page doesn’t use a standard post request to save its settings.

So a manual entry of the license key may be needed.

OK, thanks anyhow.

I’ve been able to install the Wordfence license key via MainWP, but I can’t configure the WAF on the child site. The plugin still works though, so it’s better than nothing!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.