Wordfence settings not syncing to child sites

I have just installed the Wordfence plugin on my child sites through MainWP. I have set the settings in the extension settings within MainWP, but when I click save, it doesn’t push the settings to the child sites, I just get crosses next to all the sites in the sync window.

I have tried to whitelist the MainWP server IP on a couple of the child sites, but they still don’t sync the settings.

Also if I add a new site and chose install Wordfence and apply settings, it installs Wordfence, but then fails on applying settings.

Just wondering if I am missing something here to apply the settings, or if this is a bug/issue that needs fixing.

Thanks

1 Like

Hey @jonathanb

We couldn’t reproduce this issue.

Can you please post the community system report from your MainWP Dashboard for review? The report is located in your Dashboard under Info → Server, on the top right of the page.

Be sure to use the button like the one below; this button hides all your private information:

Pressing the button auto-copies the report to your clipboard then just paste it in a reply here.

Hi Bojan,

The report is here https://pastebin.com/A5ypsXYK

Thanks

Thanks for the system report.

Can you please try updating the Wordfence extension to 4.0.9, which was released on 2022-12-14, and see if that resolves the issue?

Sorry I thought I had already done that, but seems not.

I have installed the update, and I am now getting green ticks when I click save settings. However it doesn’t actually sync the settings applied in the MainWP extension.

The existing settings on the website remain and are not overwritten.

Good first step.

On our test Dashboards, the settings do get properly synchronized to the Child Sites.

Would you mind opening a private Help Desk ticket so we can collect some additional information & investigate further?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.