403 Forbidden response

Hi,
I never before got this response while adding a new site; what can I do to solve the issue?

<html>
<head><title>403 Forbidden</title></head>
<body>
<center><h1>403 Forbidden</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx</center>
</body>
</html>

Thanks,
Lukas

Hi @lhberg

It appears that a security rule that’s present on the child site is blocking the connection from the Dashboard.

1. Do you use some security plugins on your child site? If yes, can you try to temporarily disable them and see if that helps?

2. Do you have any security rules present in the .htaccess file of the child site? If yes, can you try temporarily removing them and see if that helps?

3. Do you use Cloudflare or any other cloud proxy firewall? If yes, can you try to whitelist your Dashboard IP or temporarily disable it to see if that helps?

4. Do you use any kind of server-side security measures such as mod_security or server-side firewalls? If yes, can you try to temporarily disable them and see if that helps?

1 Like

Hi Bojan,
thanks for your reply.
I deactivated Wordfence (free version) and the ModSecurity WAF on the server to no avail.
Since I’m not sure what to remove from the .htaccess file, am I allowed to send it to you as a reply to the email I’ve got so that you can inspect it?
Best,
Lukas

Hi Bojan,
I tried again today and now it worked. I had all caches cleared already yesterday – maybe the server had something cached related to the WAF.
Thanks again for your help.
Happy holidays!
Lukas

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.