Can't seem to add child sites anymore?

Currently migrating sites to Gridpane. After doing so, and maybe not surprisingly, the link to the child site in the dashboard seems to break.

So I deactivate the child plugin, reactivate, clear any caches, and then try and reconnect from the mainwp dashboard.

This fails with the message " MainWP Child plugin not detected. First, install and activate the plugin and add your site to your MainWP Dashboard afterward. If you continue experiencing this issue, check the child site for known plugin conflicts, or check the MainWP Community for help."

I’ve also tried deleting the child plugin and adding fresh - no change. I’ve also removed the site from the dashboard and tried re-adding - again, no difference.

Any ideas what I’m missing?

Thanks

Did you check the firewall on Gridpane side? Maybe they are blocking the connection. Also, if you have a WP FW like Wordfence or Sucuri, you may turn it off first, do the connection and turn it back on. We saw this issue in the past. :wink:

Can you try to run the Test Connection feature and see what response you will get? Also, please pay attention to the IP address detected in the test and make sure it’s the correct IP.

In majority of cases, after site migration, DNS still resolves to the old server and it takes a few days before the DNS starts resolving properly.

Please let us know how it goes.

(I am moving this topic to the Support section, since this is not actually MainWP Plugin bug)

1 Like

Hi guys - confirmed it was an external firewall (virusdie) blocking it. All okay now - thanks all! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for letting us know.