Create a "Daily Digest" by site

I host many sites that I do not have Maintenance plans with (yet) and would like to have this for marketing. How can this be created?

Many thanks!

Phil

Hi @WEB-FX

Per-site Daily Digest are already a part of MainWP functionality but the yare disabled by default.

To enable per-site Digests, go to:

1. MainWP Dashboard > Sites > Manage Sites page
  2. Locate the wanted child site and click on its name
  3. Go to the Email Settings tab
  4. Click on the Daily Digest Email enable it, and Save Settings
1 Like

I get my daily digest - I want to be able to modify it so I can send site-specific information to individual website owners without having to copy, strip, and paste the data into emails like I am doing now. If the data is there it should be a snap to create reports to utilize for marketing value.

thanks for the response!

Phil

Daily Digest emails can be customized by editing the PHP template file.

The original template is located here: mainwp/templates/emails/mainwp-daily-digest-email.php

After you customize it, place it in the folder: wp-content/uploads/mainwp/templates/emails/mainwp-daily-digest-email.php

But unfortunately, it is not possible to have a per-site Daily Digest template, so the modified template will be applied to all Daily Digest emails.

1 Like

Hi @bojan,

Do you have any documentation on how to customize the daily digest?
I want to change the view where I have the plugin to update and below listed all sites not the reverse.
Also I want to be able to collapse as with more than 200 sites, the email is pretty long! :slight_smile:

Thanks

Hi @wpexpert

Customizing the Daily Digest template is done in the same way as customizing the Pro Report template. And you can find information, and a video, on how to do so in this KB article:

Something like this would have to be done with custom CSS to shorten the list, or with JS to make a show/hide toggle.

1 Like

Evidently, I don’t even know how to properly ask my question.
It could have something to do with how hard this website is for me to see… not sure…

But all I really want is the have the following type of information available (somewhere) for each of the websites I host. In a Report, I can send them. For Themes & Plugins.

13 Plugins outdated:
Elementor You have version 3.16.4 installed. Update to 3.16.6.
Extendify You have version 1.9.3 installed. Update to 1.10.1.
Fluent Forms You have version 5.0.9 installed. Update to 5.0.12.
Formidable Forms You have version 6.5.1 installed. Update to 6.5.2.
Formidable Forms Pro You have version 6.5.1 installed. Update to 6.5.2.
HT Mega – Absolute Addons for Elementor. You have version 2.3.1 installed. Update to 2.3.3.
Redux Framework You have version 4.4.7 installed. Update to 4.4.8.
Site Kit by Google You have version 1.110.0 installed. Update to 1.111.1.
Tutor LMS You have version 2.3.0 installed. Update to 2.4.0.
WooCommerce You have version 8.1.1 installed. Update to 8.2.1.
WooCommerce Stripe Gateway You have version 7.6.0 installed. Update to 7.6.1.
WPvivid Backup Plugin You have version 0.9.91 installed. Update to 0.9.92.
Yoast SEO You have version 21.3 installed. Update to 21.4.

Hi @WEB-FX

This is possible to do with the Pro Report extension. It can contain information about available updates by using tokens for Pending updates. A list of all tokens is available here: https://kb.mainwp.com/docs/available-pro-reports-tokens/

We’ve made a Pro Report template that includes Pending updates, Vulnerable and Trashed Items, Abandoned Plugins/Themes: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/3d95otylgcxxny008ldg0/pending-vulnerable.zip?rlkey=7lobj2qezk0ga6dctuhagjg73&dl=0

You can customize that template remove unnecessary information, and leave the information about pending (available) updates that you can then send out to your clients.

For more information about editing or customizing templates is available in our KB: (Pro Reports extension overview - MainWP Documentation

@bojan - Thanks but the dropbox file is not accessible… Curious to see it.

Hi @wpexpert

It seems like Dropbox didn’t like me sharing the PHP directly and it was requiring to be Signed in to download.

You should be able to download the ZIP: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/3d95otylgcxxny008ldg0/pending-vulnerable.zip?rlkey=7lobj2qezk0ga6dctuhagjg73&dl=0

1 Like

Worked! Thanks @bojan.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.