Database updater only updates the first 10 sites and hangs

I just noticed that with MainWP 4.5.0.1 the database updater hangs after updating the first 10 sites (the number of concurrent updates) and than hangs. I have to Close the modal and do it again, until I’ve had all sites. There are errors in the browser console, one for every site:

mainwp-database-updater.js?ver=1.2:194

Uncaught ReferenceError: countRealItemsUpdated is not defined
    at Object.success (mainwp-database-updater.js?ver=1.2:194:37)
    at c (load-scripts.php?c=0&load%5Bchunk_0%5D=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-controlgroup,j&load%5Bchunk_1%5D=query-ui-checkboxradio,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-dialog,zxcvbn-async&ver=993c7dd1f91dd452c6c2a4a81634bc1d:2:25266)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (load-scripts.php?c=0&load%5Bchunk_0%5D=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-controlgroup,j&load%5Bchunk_1%5D=query-ui-checkboxradio,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-dialog,zxcvbn-async&ver=993c7dd1f91dd452c6c2a4a81634bc1d:2:26015)
    at l (load-scripts.php?c=0&load%5Bchunk_0%5D=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-controlgroup,j&load%5Bchunk_1%5D=query-ui-checkboxradio,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-dialog,zxcvbn-async&ver=993c7dd1f91dd452c6c2a4a81634bc1d:2:77721)
    at XMLHttpRequest.<anonymous> (load-scripts.php?c=0&load%5Bchunk_0%5D=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-controlgroup,j&load%5Bchunk_1%5D=query-ui-checkboxradio,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-dialog,zxcvbn-async&ver=993c7dd1f91dd452c6c2a4a81634bc1d:2:80204)

1 Like

Hi @josklever

Thanks for reporting this to us.

I’ve managed to reproduce the issue and passed it along to the development team.

2 Likes

Any update for this issue?

Hi @josklever

The team is still working on this. I will update you via this thread as soon as I have more information.

Hi @josklever

We’ve just released an update for Database Updater that addresses this issue.
Thanks again for reporting it to us.

Database Updater - Version 4.0.4 - 9-13-2023
Fixed: An issue with process timing out when processing a larger number of child sites
1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try it, although I just finished my DB updates a few minutes ago (both Elementor and WooCommerce), so I might not be able to test it soon.

This wasn’t caused by a timeout, because it was always 10 sites (the number in the settings) and DB updates only take a second or so to execute, so nothing to timeout.

PS: the changelog hasn’t been updated yet.

Understood, it wasn’t timeout per se but the update process would halt after the value set for the number of concurrent updates. This update addresses that.

We’ve updated the changelog.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.