Easy Security Hardening Tips for Your WordPress Site

Originally published at: https://mainwp.com/easy-security-hardening-tips-for-wordpress/

WordPress powers over 40% of the websites on the internet. Because of its popularity, WordPress is a favorite target for hackers. However, there are many easy security hardening changes that you can make to your WordPress site to improve its security. Set strong passwords One of the most important things you can do to secure…

One thing I see missed in nearly every post about WordPress security is the fact that you can move the wp-config file one level up (which normally means outside of your public_html folder) making it unreachable from the web. I do this on every single website I create/manage as it’s another very simple way of securing your site, especially when you consider its contents (DB username/password etc.)

Yep a very fair point.

Also not leaving behind backup copies of the wp-config.php file in the html folder of the site install. Same with any easily accessible backup files.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.