Error detected: This site already contains a link. Please deactivate and reactivate the MainWP plugin

Hi guys!

I just had to migrate a client site from a Windows/Plesk to a Linux/CPanel hosting, didn’t gave it enough time for MainWP to “catch” the new IP info, and ended up removing the client from MainWP.

Then I’m trying to add it again and got this error:
Error detected: This site already contains a link. Please deactivate and reactivate the MainWP plugin.
Hint: Go to the child site, deactivate and reactivate the MainWP Child plugin and try again.

Already followed the hint several times, even removed and installed the child plugin again, no luck.

The connection test returns OK, already “catching” the new IP (HTTP-code: 200 (OK)).
Also tried all suggestions on similar questions on this forum, no luck yet.

Thanks a lot, best regards,
JPFigueira

Hi @jpfigueira

Usually, if the Dashboard is seeing the new IP when performing the Connection Test, there shouldn’t be a problem with adding the site.

Can you try setting the Action Logs to Debug, and then try adding the site again, and see if Action Logs catch any relevant errors?

Hi Bojan! Thanks for replying.

Just tried it again, there seems to be nothing relevant in the Debug Log, here’s the last entry:
2023-09-12 18:09:53 [DEBUG] CRON :: updates check :: waiting conditionals to run.

Thanks in advance, best regards,
JPFigueira

Hi!
I gave it some time, tried again this morning and the site successfully connected :slight_smile:

Thanks again! Best regards,
JPFigueira

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.