Hi I'm Dennis co-founder of MainWP

ABOUT ME

I’m always trying to find the right work-life balance, so when I’m not working on MainWP, I’m a husband to a wonderful and incredibly patient woman and father to two beautiful girls with a boy arriving in February 2020.

When I do find free time, it’s usually at the softball field with our oldest or chasing the younger one around the backyard.

ABOUT MAINWP

MainWP is one of the only WordPress Managers not owned by a major corporation.

The company is currently almost five years old and is 100% bootstrapped and profitable. Being self-sustained allows us to make decisions for our customers, not shareholders, and keep our clients’ information private.

We owe all of MainWP’s success to our customers, who have given us nearly 1600 5-star reviews on WordPress.org.

MY CODING CONFESSION

As the Co-founder of MainWP and I have to confess, I did not code or design the plugin. The truth is, I am a hack coder, and my eye for design is iffy at best.

What I am great at is solving problems and then effectively communicating the solution to the coders and designers.

Honestly, I use to be ashamed to admit I didn’t code or design but “only” laid down the path for others to complete the task.

Then while trying to think of a way to explain what I do on a daily basis, I came across this great quote:

“Understanding coders is more valuable than understanding code.”

~ Source Nick ‘Red’ Marsh @choosenick

That quote helped me to realize that my skill set is not something to apologize for. What I do can be just as difficult as coding and designing.

Complex projects with many moving parts need someone who can coordinate and communicate with all the stakeholders: coders, designers, support, and ultimately, the customer.

It can even be argued that the person who is able to tie them all together into one cohesive unit, all working towards the betterment of the software, may be the most valuable part.

So now I stand tall – I can’t code, I can’t design, but if you need someone to put it all together, then I’m your guy.

7 Likes

Thanks Dennis for setting up this community! I think it will be more helpful than Facebook. Like to search a solution, it will be faster I think and also, share tips and trick with the MainWP will be an asset.
Fred

4 Likes

Thanks @wpexpert I appreciate that.

1 Like

Very good addition to Facebook Group as groups are somehow limited in the search capabilities, for sure.

3 Likes

Hi @dennis, as you are the co-founder of MainWP, I’m wondering who the other founder(s) is/are. :slight_smile:

Chris is the other co-founder but he spends most of his time working on developing other parts of the company and I focus on MainWP.

More info if you are really curious:

5 Likes

Wow! Great to read you created such business without being a programmer or designer. Impressive!

2 Likes