How do I learn MainWP?

I’m new to MainWP Pro and I hate to admit it, but I’m having a heck of a time wrapping my head around how to use it.

I tried to install iThemes security but see they’ve changed it to Solid Security which sucks as I’ve used it in the past and it was one of the reasons I bought MainWP Pro.

Then I installed WordFence, that installed okay but I can’t get rid of the “Finish Set Up” that requires a license key.

This seems very complicated to me!

The quick guides in the Knowledge Base are very limited and don’t help. Is there a better way to lean how to use this?

Do you have a appropriate license key for the number of Word Fence installations your are deploying? Have you signed in to your child sites to apply your license? Have you consulted the relevant WordFence documentation?

Hi @lcarriere

iThemes Security has been rebranded as Solid Security recently, but our iThemes Security extension still works as expected. We will be updating our extension to reflect the new branding.

Wordfence requires an API key to work even in the Free version. So after you install the Wordfence plugin on the child site, you can navigate directly to it and request the API key from Wordfence plugin UI and activate it.

If you already have the API key (free or premium), you can also activate it in our Wordfence extension. You can do so by going to MainWP Dashboard > Extensions > Wordfence > Options page, then click on Show/Hide Licenses, enter the API keys in the respective fields and then click Save Settings at the bottom of the page.

3 Likes

No I don’t. I was under the impression that MainWP supplied that. I see now that I was wrong. That’s okay though as I believe that I’ll get what I need out of Solid Security (formerly iThemes security) free version. Updraft free works well too with DropBox.

1 Like

Thanks for this and the email support @bojan

I used to use iThemes Security a while back so I’m using the Solid/iThemes Security free version now that I get how it works! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.