How Do I Notify Clients of Suspension/Disconnection?

How can I automatically inform clients that their website has been disconnected from our Management? An email that triggers upon deactivating the MainWP plugin would be a great help. This is particularly useful in cases where clients like to tinker with plugins and they deactivate/delete the MainWP plugin on their website. They need to know that their website is no longer receiving the benefits associated with the MainWP connection.

OR

An email that is automatically sent to the client upon site suspension. I can not believe this very basic functionality is not a native feature :man_facepalming:t6:Just suspending a site without notifying the client of the reason behind the suspension is so unprofessional.

I`m using the Pro Reports extension.

1 Like

Hi @Yadley

Welcome to the MainWP community!

MainWP doesn’t have an option for that at this moment.

Please feel free to make a suggestion about this on our feedback site. That way, others can vote for it, letting us know which features our users want the most. https://feedback.mainwp.com

I do believe we have hooks for when a site is disconnected and suspended, so if you have coding experience and would be so inclined, you could make a custom solution for these email alerts.

Let me know if that’s something you’d like to explore, and I will get more information about it from our development team.

Thank you Bojan, I appreciate your response.

It’s so unbelievable that such a crucial feature is not available within the system.

At the moment I`ve been exploring the possibility of achieving this by creating an advanced email filter within Gmail. Whenever a daily digest email comes in with a disconnection status, the filter can dynamically pull the client’s data and pass it on to a new email that it will automatically compose for me. It is not a straightforward process and there is still some heavy manual work involved, but still, it gets me to at least notify the client that this is what’s up with your site. It is their right to know.

If kindly you could run this past your talented devs or share any insights on how I can explore the currently available disconnection/suspended hooks, I would be very grateful. Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing back from you.

1 Like

Here is the information I got from the dev team.

These are the hooks in the MainWP Dashboard, which you may use to notify a client if a site is suspended/disconnected.
mainwp_site_suspended ==> hook when a site is suspended/unsuspended ==> to send a notification email
mainwp_site_reconnected ==> if failed then check last time dtsSync ==> to consider sending notification email
mainwp_site_sync ==> if failed then check last time dtsSync ==> to consider sending notification email

To notify a client when the MianWP Child plugin is deactivated on a child site, you would need to use WordPress hook deactivate_plugin.
However, the use of that hook may not be a good idea because you would need to install a custom code on the Client’s site, for which you would have to get permission from the Client.

Finally, in order to deliver the emails, you would have to use the WordPress wp_mail function.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.