How get immediate feedback on updates?

I’m moving to MainWP from ManageWP, and am so far loving it. Soon I’ll have more than 20 sites here, and have upgraded to Pro. I’m ready to never look back.

One thing I haven’t figured out yet is how to get immediate feedback about any plugin or theme updates that cause a problem. I’ve relied on ManageWP’s before and after images to get that feedback. I don’t necessarily need the visual feedback, but is there a way to immediately see that a site is erroring out or gone to whitescreen in MainWP?

Or is something built in, and I’ve just not seen it yet because there haven’t been any problems on any sites I’ve updated?

Thanks!

Hey @donkiely

Welcome to the MainWP community.

We don’t have an exact equivalent of that ManageWP’s feature.

Our Manage Sites page displays thumbnails of the child sites’ homepage. However, those thumbnails are updated automatically once every 24 hours.

MainWP also has integrated basic uptime monitoring, which can alert you if the site becomes completely unreachable.

Another useful feature is that MainWP can check for HTTP response after an update and can alert you if it receives anything other than the status you set (by default, it’s 200 (OK).

1 Like

Thanks, @bojan

I’ll look at those options. I suspect something will work. I’m mostly looking for when a plugin update starts throwing a code error. It doesn’t mean the site is unreachable or completely crashing, but is something I need to take care of.

Thumbnails are a bit awkward to use, since I have to click on each to see it. But I guess that’s what I’m doing with ManageWP now, of sorts.

I’m still figuring out my process for updates with MainWP, and I suspect this will all come together nicely.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.