How to Create Uptime Robot API key

I’ve just sign up for MainWP pro and I’m trying to create an API for uptime robot however, I think uptime robot has changed it’s interface since the MainWP wrote the following how to:

There no longer appears to be a “my settings” option or any type of settings option for me to go into and create the main API key. Can someone provide me with updated instructions on how to use Advanced uptime monitoring through uptime-robot - or any other website that I can use that will pull the information through onto the pro reports I will be generating for my clients.

Thanks

Carlton

1 Like

You can find My Settings in the pull down menu in the top right (account menu). There you can find a section call API Settings and within that the Main API Key. That’s actually the same as in the documentation.

3 Likes

Thanks Jos, for some reason I can see the option now. The Dashboard looked different before. I must be losing my mind. Thanks for your help. That did it.

2 Likes

I have one other question on this. When it talks about “Select alerts contacts to notify” I have put a check in that box but I’m not sure who is going to get that notification. I don’t want my clients getting it and it doesn’t show my email address as the one that will be getting it, it just says “E-mail” . How do I make sure it’s only be getting the alerts?

1 Like

In the settings you also see the Notification channels, where you can see the e-mail address for these notifications. In the free version it’s only possible to send alerts to the main e-mail address you also use to login to the account.

Clients won’t get alerts, because they are not known in UptimeRobot.

I also noticed there’s a new layout coming and I could switch to it via a link in the top bar. There you can also find the settings in your account menu.

2 Likes

Thanks so much Jos, that’s really helped. Thanks so much for taking the time to help out a novice, at this stuff, like me. :grinning:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.