I receive individual Daily Digest for each site that has pending updates!

After updating to 4.301 I not only receive a Digest of all sites requiring updates, but I also receive an individual Digest for each domain requiring updates.

I must add that I didn’t realize that the update to 4.3 would require that I go into each site and re-enable email notifications. There were a few days there when I wasn’t receiving the Daily Digest and it took some head-scratching before I figured out why.

So is the workaround to NOT enable Daily Digest Email in each site’s Email settings?

//EDIT And BTW- that Fingerprint in the lower left corner is REALLY distracting. When creating a post.

1 Like

Hey @Lemarque

The update to 4.3 or 4.3.0.1 shouldn’t have changed the Daily Digest settings on the MainWP Dashboard. Neither the global settings nor the ones for individual Child Sites.

If you wish to receive only one Daily Digest email that covers all your sites, then only the relevant setting on the MainWP Dashboard > Settings > Email Settings page needs to be enabled, and the Daily Digest settings on individual child sites should be disabled.

If you are occasionally not getting any scheduled emails from your Dashboard, then there might be a problem with the with WP Cron or other cron job system you may have running.

If you want to make sure that WP Cron jobs are regularly triggered on your MainWP Dashboard, you can authorize the Uptime Robot service and add your Dashboard site as a monitor. The Uptime Robot will ping your dashboard site regularly and make sure that all scheduled events are occurring.

Thanks @bojan for the detailed reply.

The update to 4.3 or 4.3.0.1 shouldn’t have changed the Daily Digest settings on the MainWP Dashboard. Neither the global settings nor the ones for individual Child Sites.

For some reason it did.

I never realized I could get digests for individual sites.

Haven’t had this problem in over a year. And just to mention, there’s at least one site that is not included in the daily digest. The site syncs fine but no report. But I’ll check for any Cron errors.

Installing UptimeMonitor as we speak.

Thanks again for your time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.