🥳 Introducing MainWP 4.5!

We’ve been working hard, fine-tuning, testing, and taking in your valuable feedback. Today, I am super excited to unveil MainWP 4.5 – a major release set to make your website management experience even more incredible.

Here’s a glimpse of what it includes:

• Main dashboard navigation redesigned
  • “Flexible Widgets” to stretch or shrink widgets
  • Three new widgets on the client’s overview page
  • Site-specific search for plugins & themes
  • Find sites with missing plugins & themes
  • PHPSecLib as a fallback to OpenSSL
  • OpenSSL signature verification algorithm
  • Permissions for MainWP REST API keys
  • Over 20 Extensions updated
  • Enhanced encryption system for 3rd-party API keys

And a lot more…

Here’s the quick walkthrough for MainWP 4.5 to see them in action

Head over to the announcement post to discover more. :point_down:

4 Likes

I’m not terribly excited about having to reorganize my dashboard to remedy the mess the new layout made, but otherwise, the new dashboard looks good so far.

My Overview dashboard also messed up. Cleared it all and rebuild. Using a Brave (Chrome) browser I experience that all panels showing a variable number of items such as: Monitor, Lighthouse and SSL Monitor all grow outside their background frame - creating messed up overlaps between panels.

Hope that you will correct this issue ASAP.

1 Like

Hi @qpgltdco and @blixenklub ,

To avoid visual issues, the extensions which add widgets to the Overview pages need to be updated.

And a one-time hard-refresh or a browser cache clear should be performed to avoid visual issues.

More information and a list of said extensions is available here:

1 Like

Thanks. I will review that resource and ensure that all installed extensions are current. I rearranged items to more suitable positions. I still have some Z axis overlap that is problematic. If I cannot clear it up, I’ll open a support request.

2 Likes

Dashboard completely messed-up after upgrading.

Did a hard refresh, cleared cache, all extensions are latest version. Nothing changes.

I do see this error in console:

Uncaught ReferenceError: mainwp_ui_state_load is not defined
    at mainwp_left_bar_showhide_init (admin.php?page=managesites:361:18)
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (admin.php?page=managesites:391:6)
    at e (load-scripts.php?c=1&load%5Bchunk_0%5D=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,wp-polyfill-inert,regenerator-runtime,wp-polyfill,wp-hooks,heartbeat,zxcvbn-async&ver=01ced81d7545d4722f2099a90605f1d0:2:26990)
    at t (load-scripts.php?c=1&load%5Bchunk_0%5D=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,wp-polyfill-inert,regenerator-runtime,wp-polyfill,wp-hooks,heartbeat,zxcvbn-async&ver=01ced81d7545d4722f2099a90605f1d0:2:27292)

Hi @Xtofke

Please refer to our KB for Upgrading to 4.5 to avoid any potential issues:

If the issue persists after following the steps from that KB, please open a private Help Desk ticket so we can collect some additional information & investigate further.

Hi @Xtofke,

Do you get the same problem in a different browser or incognito?
To me, it looks like JS is not loaded properly, probably due to a cached version in the browser.

It’s not something we have seen or able to reproduce.

I’m not terribly excited about the redesigned Main dashboard navigation. When I get to the overview and I want to view the 2nd level navigation menu to manage Tags, Updates, Plugins etc. (via the submenu of Sites) I have to load Manage Sites first before the navigation menu is available/interactive. Because Manage Sites takes a long time to load (I manage a lot of websites) it also takes a long time until the 2nd level navigation menu is available.

It would be more user-friendly to have the 2nd level navigation menu appear on mouse-over (just like with WordPress Admin) so that it is no longer necessary to load the parent page first before the 2nd level navigation menu can actually be used.

1 Like

Hi @Joris

Thanks for the feedback.

We are exploring options for having 2nd level navigation menus be accessible from any Dashboard page, and having them reveal upon mouse hover is done of them. However, we haven’t decided on the details yet.

You may be interested in this KB that explains how to add new menu entries to the top-level navigation:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.