Not able connect subdomain hosted on a different Siteground account

Hi,
This is kind of an old issue, but I have a little more clarification on the issue this time.

I have a number of SG (siteground) accounts.

On one of my SG accounts, I have installed Mainwp under the domain admin.mydomain.com - and from here I want to connect to the sub-domain of another website smp.otherwebsite.com. But that is not possible. I am unable to get any connection.

However, I believe I am on to something here, because I have noticed, that I am able to connect to audio.otherwebsite.com - and I am very sure this is because that otherwebsite.com (primary domain) is hosted on the same SG account as audio.otherwebsite.com - where as smp.otherwebsite.com is NOT hosted on the same account as otherwebsite.com (primary domain)

So, I believe, that if I move all my xxx.otherwebsite.com subdomains to the same SG account as where otherdomain.com (the primary domain) is hosted, then I will have no issues.

Do I relly need to collect all my xxx.otherwebsite.com domains on the same account as the primary domain or is there a fix to look forward to in Mainwp?

Best,

Chrilles

ps. it is not that I am unable technically to move all sites to the same SG account, but I will run into web space and inodes limitations.

Hey @Chrilles_Wybrandt

What response do you get for those non-working subdomains when you try Test Connection?

Do you have different or stricter security measures on the SiteGround account where the non-working subdomains are hosted? Or perhaps an enabled cloud proxy or a CDN?

This is the message.
I have not enabled CDN or proxies. Also, I am able to connect to other sites on this other account. Just not the subdomains, where the primary domain is not hosted on the same account.

Best,

Chrilles

Would you mind opening a private Help Desk ticket so we can collect some additional information & investigate further?

That is done now
Thanks,
Chrilles

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.