I’ve had my license for MainWP for a good month or so and I’m still trying to figure out how to use it.
My goal is to be able to use
Advanced Uptime Monitor
Am I correct in saying in order to do so I need to have eight plugins installed on each child site I want to be able to run them on? One for each of these processes plus the MainWP child plugin plus the Yoast Plugin? Is there a way to set up MainWP so that I can push these plugins to every site that I monitor or do I have to log into each one and do it manually?
Hi Fred, I will be happy to help. Not all of the mentioned extensions require a 3rd party plugin on your child sites.
- UpdraftPlus extension requires the UpdraftPlus plugin on the child sites
- Adavned Uptime Monitor doesn’t require any extra plugin, it runs on the Uptime Robot API
- Sucuri doesn’t require additional plugin, it runs on the Sucuri API
- Page Speed requires the Google PageSpeed Insights plugin on child sites
- Pro Reports requires our MainWP Child Reports plugin on sites in order to collect reporting data
- WordPress SEO requires the Yoast SEO plugin on Dashboard and all child sites
Once you have all your child sites connected to your MainWP Dashboard, you can use the Bulk Intallation process to install all required plugins to your child sites. See here how to insatll plugins in bulk:
Thanks. You mention though, that I don’t need to install all these plugins on the child site. How do I know which ones I do and which ones I don’t?
Hi Fred, for each extension we have help documentation, and for all extension that require additional plugin, you will find this kind of a help document:
which guides you through the setup process.
Also, if you install some extension that requires a plugin, and you don’t have this plugin on child sites, when you enter the extension main page, you will see a notice or any other sign that the plugin is missing.
For example, if you install the MainWP Wordfence Extension and access it, you will see this:
so you know that you have to install the plugin on the child sites.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.