Pro Reports with wp-cli commands

At the moment I’m using wp-cli to update my website because I can script the outcome for each update I do.

Now I started using the Pro-Reports extension, but I noticed that when I do updates with the CLI commands, these changes are not registered in the MainWP Child Reports. So the updates that I did are not mentioned on the report that I’m sending to the customers.

Is there a way I can still use my WP-cli scripts to update so that the MainWP Child Reports registers these updates?

I found some wp-cli commands form Main-WP, but these are sometimes unreliable and give the success messages at the incorrect time.

If possible I want to keep my original wp-cli command/scripts that I’m using now.

Hi @JPA

We will look into why the updates done through non-MainWP CLI commands are not logged by the MainWP Child Reports plugin and subsequently shown in Pro Reports, and if we can make changes so that they are logged.

We will update you as soon as we have more information.

Hi @JPA

We’ve made changes to the MainWP Child Reports plugin. It will now properly log changes made by WP-CLI commands.

The change will be included in the next release of the plugin. You can find the pre-release at this URL:

2 Likes

This looks amazing!
I’m gonna test the release later today.

Thanks in advance for the hard work!

1 Like

Ok, the test took a bit more time, but it works as described!
This is an great implementation, thx for the integration!

1 Like

You are most welcome.

And thank you for updating us.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.