Setting MainWP on a subdomain

I’d like to manage my realestatemachine.com website as well as a string of other real estate agent websites using the MainWP dashboard. I’ve read that it should be set up on a separate WP installation that’s meant only for the dashboard so my question is, can I set it up on a subdomain of my website such as mainwp.realestatemachine.com or would it be better to set it up on a completely separate domain name?

Hi @russhunter

Welcome to the MainWP community.

Using MainWP on a subdomain in such setup should be completely fine.

In any case, it’s a good idea to be mindful of System requirements and Hosting Compatibility.

Okay, thanks so much for your reply Bojan and for the links on hosting requirements and compatibility.

This might sound like a stupid question but are there advantages to having the hosting account set up as a subdomain such as mainwp.realestatemachine.com or as a subdirectory such as realestatemachine.com/mainwp?

1 Like

There shouldn’t be any difference, but I’d still recommend going with a subdomain.

Not necessarily because of MainWP, but simply because I find it a bit easier to work with WordPress when installed on a subdomain instead of a subdirectory. But this might be a preference thing.

Okay, thanks again – I really appreciate your advice!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.